Monday 1 April 2024

What’s Up?

 The country’s top graft buster, Azam Baki, says he will need to get a “clearer picture” before addressing claims that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission is targeting Dr Mahathir Mohamad in a probe into the former prime minister’s two sons.


“Let me check first and then I will get back to you,” the MACC chief said when asked to comment on a Bloomberg report.


Pejuang president Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir claims that his father, former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, was also a subject of investigation by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).


He said that he saw the notices sent to his brothers Mirzan and Tan Sri Mokhzani Mahathir, which clearly stated that Dr Mahathir was also subject to the investigation.


"I saw with my own eyes that the notice was signed by Tan Sri Azam Baki as the MACC chief to both Mirzan and Mokhzani, in which early in the notice, it stated that they were 

conducting an investigation on my father.


But Tan Sri Azam Baki told reporters that “Let me check first and then I will get back to you,” 


What’s  going on? No comment so far from Tan Sri Azam Baki.

No comments:

Post a Comment